The diabetes symptoms in women sometimes times vary depending on the condition of the patient. It’s important that women know and understand these diabetes symptoms. Once a woman knows and understands these diabetes symptoms then they can be on a look out for those symptoms and get treated for them as soon as possible. Listed below are a few of the diabetes symptoms in women. This is just a short list of all the symptoms that a woman might have if they are possibly diabetic.
- Thirsty and wanting to drink a lot. This is one of the symptoms that tend to be very common. Women who often get this way should not avoid having some water and should get something to drink even if they just had a drink a few minutes ago.
- Women often urinate more and this could be as a result of drinking a lot and also as a result of diabetes. This is one of the most common diabetes symptoms in women.
- Some women might experience weight loss or either weight gain. During this time they could also experience extreme hunger or either a decrease in appetite.
- Visual problems might occur.
- Women might feel the loss of sensation in their hands or their feet.
- The blood circulation might be poor.
- Diabetes symptoms in women even include infections and sores might take a long time to heal.
- Yeast Infection, a very common diabetes symptoms in women.
- Extreme fatigue in the day and night time hours.
- Dry Mouth
- Vaginal infections might become frequent.
- Skin might become itchy around or in the vaginal area.
Call a doctor right away whenever you are feeling weak, nauseated or if you are very thirsty because it’s a known fact that these are a part of the diabetes symptoms in women. When you are starting to urinate a lot or having pain in the abdominal area then the doctor should be notified. Sometimes patients might experience problems with breathing, when they experience rapid or slow breathing doctor should be contacted as soon as possible as it could be a very serious part of diabetes symptoms in women.
Some other diabetes symptoms in women that might be very serious include fainting spells, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating that is excessive, hunger, trembling often or either feeling drowsy. When these diabetes symptoms in women appear they might also be developing hypoglycemia which is termed as low blood sugar. Some time’s women need to eat a snack or drink something that is a carbohydrate rich to prevent further complications. It is only good to have this kind of snack after the doctor has confirmed what kind of condition you have. If you have a snack with a lot of carbohydrates in them and might not this condition hypoglycaemia then it could cause other problems to arise.
In order to confirm that you have diabetes the doctors just do simple tests and within just a couple of weeks and some time, much sooner can confirm if you are diabetic or not and once they have confirmed this, they might run other tests to see what kind of treatment you need to have and if you should or should not be on possible medications for your diabetes. Women must talk with their doctor about their diabetes symptoms and find out if they have diabetes or not.